ICT Technician (Amended)
Scale Points 20-25 £21,275-£24,510
36 Hours per week
52 weeks per year
6 Months Fixed Term Contract
(To start as soon as possible)
We are looking to appoint a knowledgeable, flexible and enthusiastic ICT Technician to work across the school, helping to expand and enhance the ICT provision within the curriculum and admin networks. Our ideal candidate will have experience of working in an ICT Support role, have an interest in all aspects of ICT and enjoy working in a school environment.
Purpose of the role:
The main purpose of the job is to provide IT support to staff and students. The main duties for this post include:
· Providing desktop support to students and staff in a networked Windows 7, 8.1, 10 & Apple environment.
- Installation of software (local and networked) and hardware such as PCs, laptops, printers, audio visual equipment etc.
- Identifying the cause of faults and undertaking basic repairs.
- User administration in Active Directory and other subscribed systems.
- Supporting other networked systems such as the VOIP phone and catering systems.
- Troubleshooting wired and wireless network issues.
- Supporting school assemblies and other presentations with any audio visual requirements during anytime.
- Providing support to mobile device users.
- Keeping the inventory of hardware, software and computer supplies up to date.
- Installing print related toner and other consumables.
- Maintaining stock levels of consumables, and re-ordering as required.
- Liaising with vendors for warranty and other repairs.
- Other IT support related requests.
All new staff at Whitefield School benefit from an excellent induction programme as well as access to our extensive training opportunities. Other incentives in our warm and friendly working environment include access to a clear structure of promotion opportunities, free gym access and regular staff events arranged by our dedicated staff association team.
Download Application Form here
Download Job Description and Person Specification here
If you have any further queries in relation to this vacancy please contact Christina McGhan Human Resources Officer on 020 8455 4114 ext. 206. Please forward your completed application form by e-mail to CMg@whitefield.barnet.sch.uk
Closing Date: 3rd July 2017
Interview Date: 10th July 2017
Whitefield School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful candidate will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
If you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, please assume you have been unsuccessful in your application on this occasion.